- Dish type
- Green salad
A delicious salad made from mixed greens, red onion and artichoke hearts, which are tossed in a dressing made from red wine vinegar, oil and garlic granules. Perfect when sprinkled with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
103 people made this
- 225g mixed salad greens
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 (390g) tin artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 125ml vegetable oil
- 125ml red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
MethodPrep:15min ›Ready in:15min
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed greens, onion and artichoke hearts.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, seasoned salt, pepper and garlic granules.
- Pour enough dressing over salad to coat and toss well. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan and serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(107)
Reviews in English (76)
Made this for Valentine's day and it was very good. I marinated the artichokes and onions in the dressing for a few hours then threw it on the lettuce and sprinkled with parm. I quartered the artichoke hearts and used only about 3/4 of the oil. Also added tomato. It was fabulous, will be a new regular at our house.-14 Feb 2005
This is now my standby recipe for salad-I've served it at several occasions, including Christmas, and it's always well received.-08 Feb 2002
Wonderful flavor in the dressing. I did adjust amounts in the salad: 4 cups is 2 servings of salad greens, so I doubled for 4 servings. The dressing makes 19 Tbsp and 6 Tbsp (1.5 Tbsp per serving) is plenty of dressing for 4, so I cut the dressing in half, reducing the pepper by half again. Will definitely make this again. (All that extra dressing explains why the calorie count is so high and why some reviewers found it too salty/tangy.)-23 May 2005